22 August 2006

inhabiting new homes

Today, for the first time in this house, I walked home from work, came in the house, and thought, with a wonderfully full and relaxed sigh, "I love this home." My love for this place has been growing since we moved in, but today is the first day that it felt like home. And not just a home, but our home, reflecting our needs, tastes, and values.

It's a home where I can see myself dissertating. And it feels good to be home.

In other news, I've migrated this blog to the new blogger beta. So, I've changed my posting name and e-mail address in order to keep everything a bit more streamlined. I've also tweaked my template to (sort of) match my office area in the new house. The new template customizing feature ends up making my sidebar and title fonts huge and underlining my post titles, which I'm not crazy about, but I can live with it for now.

So, new homes all around.

A dinner of salmon broiled with fresh pesto, steamed corn on the cob, and organic red zin awaits. Yup, feeling good.

3 comments:

comebacknikki said...

I take it the meet with advisor went well??

comebacknikki said...

I meant to type meeting. Whoops. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks...

Dave Kion
Article