18 July 2006

of husbands and hummus

When we got home to our un-air-conditioned house around 5:30 this evening, it was too damn hot to even exist. (Note to self: walking to and from work is better in theory than reality when the heat index is in triple-digits.) We partook of cold showers and then Clark, genius that he is, suggested going to our local Mecca of Air Conditioning and Middle Eastern Food.

The man is a genius, I tell you. I have now been totally sweat-free for three hours. In a row.

The Mecca even has free wireless, so I was able to help my friend, Overeducated Mama, locate PDFs of some scholarly articles that her university didn't have electronic subscriptions to , all while munching on hummus and pita so tasty I think there might've been crack in it. And did I mention the air conditioning?

Plus, it's $1 cone night at the local ice cream shop, so Clark got to have some ice cream, too. (I was too full from the aforementioned hummus and pita.)

Now I'm working on, I mean about to start working on, the statement of purpose for my grad school application. I'm feeling cool, dry, and in just the right frame of mind to do so, thanks to Clark's dinnertime intervention.

No comments: