26 July 2006

moving time

It's a hideously perfect day out--sunny, not too hot, and with a gentle breeze.

We just had the final walkthrough with our tenant, who left the house spectacularly clean. I consider this some sort of cosmic recompense for all the rental properties that Clark and I have left in much better shape than they were when arrived.

Life is good, and I am ready to move into our beautiful house. Now. I know that there is work to do on the house--we want to pull up the carpeting and refinish the wood floors underneath as necessary, and Clark has drywall sheets at the ready--but can't we at least set up our bed and the kitchen?

I don't want to wait 'til Saturday. I want to start sleeping, eating, and studying for the GRE in the new house.

Sigh. That's all for now. We'll see if I can convince Clark.

No comments: